Saturday, May 30, 2009

WMS do not display in ESRI or Compusult GEOPortals

Robert and Marten,  In both GEO portals our AQ Community Catalog layers are having issues. In ESRI they don't display at all and I get the error that the service is broken, but no details. In Compusult the layers will preview, but when I add to the map I get an error that the layer can't be displayed. These layers used to display in both ESRI and Compusult, so I'm wondering if something changed in our WMS that has altered the way we can view the layers in other clients. 

Our capabilities documents don't show an error in the FGDC Checker, so I'm not sure how else to debug this. 

Any help on this would be really appreciated. 

A good test case is to search titles for Airnow.

4 comments:

  1. when accessing the FGDC checker for the Airnow WMS service: http://registry.fgdc.gov/statuschecker/services/rest/index.php?url=http%3A//gdata1.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/daac-bin/G3/giovanni-training-wmx.cgi%3FSERVICE=WMS&WMTVER=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&type=wms&formattype=html

    the GetMap status shows an error

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed there are many docs with the same title being harvested. I've approved them in the ESRI GEOPortal so you can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marten,

    I added this note to the blog too (see below) - but we've changed our record and it now has 3 places where there are titles - one is the dataset title and the other two are the service titles. We'd like to pull the first title so that they are unique.

    We are working with Giovanni to get a GetCapabilities without errors, but the DataFed GetCapabilities are also not displaying and they don't have errors according to fgdc .

    http://registry.fgdc.gov/statuschecker/services/rest/index.php?url=http://webapps.datafed.net/AIRNOW.ogc?SERVICE=wms&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&type=wms&formattype=html

    Thanks for your help -
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin,

    The layers are now working again in the portal. However, there was an issue with the publishing on the service.

    For us to automatically harvest a services GetCapabilities, at a minimum, a Title and Abstract must be available. In this case there is no abstract so the original layers are still there as before.

    They wouldn't display on the map properly due to a timing issue on our part. That has been corrected and they display fine once png id selected rather then the default gif.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete